bVNC Secure is an Android and Blackberry Playbook/OS 10 application, available on Google Play and App World respectively. Find it on your mobile device or here:
Google Play, for devices running Android 2.2 and up, or here:
App World for BB Playbook and OS 10 devices.
Generating supported key types in a supported format:
- Encrypted RSA keys in PEM format, obtainable with the following command:
ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096 -f SOMEFILEWhen prompted for a pass-phrase enter one of your choice which will be needed to make use of the key when using it to connect.
- Non-encryped RSA keys in PEM format obtainable with the following command:
ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096 -f SOMEFILEWhen prompted for a pass-phrase, press enter (twice).
- Non-encryped RSA/DSA keys in PKCS#8 format, obtainable with:
ssh-keygen -t dsa -b 1024 -f TEMP
openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -nocrypt > SOMEFILE < TEMP
Importing the key stored in SOMEFILE into bVNC by:
- copying it to the "Download" directory on your smartphone or tablet
- Creating a connection of type VNC over SSH
- Tapping "Manage key"
- Typing SOMEFILE into the text field marked "Filename in Download directory"
- If your key is encrypted, entering your passphrase in the text-field marked "Passphrase"
- Tapping "Import".